Episode 53: Retractable Closet Camera
To build a convenient, retractable podcasting system, Griffin mounted an LED panel and a retractable camera mount in his office closet. Plus, your questions about step-up rings, when to use shotgun vs hyper-cardioid mics, and if you can show the iPhone operating system in your film.
Ingredients for Griffin’s retractable podcasting system
- Spekular LED panel mounted via Pedco Ultra Clamp
- LEE Filters CTO gel to make the bluish LED warmer
- Reflex SR5 shoulder rig reconfigured into a retractable rail system
- Barska Ball Head with an Arca-style quick release plate
- B+W 2-stop ND Filter to use with my 12mm f/1.4 lens
In addition to our usual filmmaking questions, Nick wants you to tweet other types of questions using the hashtag #askgriffin
We received a question about the pocket-sized Panasonic LX10, which has a built-in f/1.4–2.8 24–70mm lens (super 35 equivalent).